Are you an East Fallowfield Township resident interested in Township planning? Then you may be interested in joining the task force for the official map project. The East Fallowfield Township's Planning Commission will be working on putting together a Township Official Map and is seeking residents to join the task force to work on this project. Task force members will be asked to attend 2-3 meetings which will be held on the third Monday of the month at 6:30 pm. Interested residents should come to the first meeting to be held on Monday, February 19, 2018 at 6:30 pm. Any questions, please call the Township office.
Definition of Official Map as defined in the Municipalities Planning Code: "The governing body of each municipality shall have the power to make or cause to be made an official map of all or a portion of the municipality which may show appropriate elements of the comprehensive plan adopted pursuant to section 302 with regard to public lands and facilities, and which may include, but need not be limited to:
(1) Existing and proposed public streets, watercourses and public grounds, including widenings, narrowings, extensions, diminutions, openings or closing of same.
(2) Existing and proposed public parks, playgrounds and open space reservations.
(3) Pedestrian ways and easements.
(4) Railroad and transit rights-of-way and easements.
(5) Flood control basins, floodways and flood plains, storm water arrangement areas and drainage easements.
(6) Support facilities, easements and other properties held by public bodies undertaking the elements described in section 301."