Assistant Township Secretary (Full-time or Part-time)
East Fallowfield Township, Chester County, PA is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-starting individual to serve as Assistant Township Secretary. East Fallowfield Township is a growing rural community with a population of 7,500.
The Assistant Township Secretary will perform secretarial work of a complex nature for the Township ManagerSecretary; also responsible for general office functions; record keeping and the administrative functioning of the Manager's office. This position involves a high degree of confidential information to which the employee will be held accountable for not disclosing to staff.
- Coordinates the functions of the Manager's office and is responsible for efficiency and smoothness of operation.
- Acts as Recording Secretary for the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission; transcribes and acts on minutes from the meetings; may be required to attend Board of Supervisors meetings during evening hours.
- Receives, tracks, and resolves or refers requests for public records.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence for signature.
- Independently prepares recurring reports for signature.
- Maintains a calendar for the Township Manager and assures that complete information is available for all matters.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records.
- Monitors the quality of outgoing Township correspondence and helps to standardize/upgrade clerical procedures.
- Prepares agendas for Board meetings and arranges meetings and conferences.
- Coordinates office functions with other county/state departments and local municipalities.
- Provides Notary Public service.
- Receives and screens telephone calls for the Township Manager.
- Attends meetings and conferences to furnish information and take notes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain or oversee maintenance and updating of Township website/Facebook page.
- High school diploma and five (5) years of related experience, or college degree and two (2) years’ experience in the performance of administrative work, preferably in municipal government.
- It is preferred that the applicant have a general knowledge of Township Code requirements and land development approval process.
- Excellent knowledge of modern office methods and procedures and software. Good working knowledge of the English language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to transcribe dictation which has been recorded.
- Excellent skills in use of a personal computer with experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
- Current Notary Public License or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
How to Apply
The position is full-time, but negotiable as a part-time flexible position depending on the applicant’s requirements. Salary or wage is commensurate with education, skills and relevant experience. East Fallowfield Township offers a competitive benefit package. Interested candidates should send a cover letter including salary history and resume to Scott Swichar, Township Manager, 2264 Strasburg Road, East Fallowfield, PA 19320. A completed East Fallowfield Township job application must be submitted as well:
East Fallowfield Township is an equal opportunity employer. All submittals must be received no later than 4:00 P.M. on Friday, February 21, 2020.